Wednesday 10 August 2011

"Do you make these?"

As the proprietor of Miss Gracie Hair Bows, the question I am asked the most is, "do you make these?". The times I have been tempted to say "yes" and take the credit for the beautifully crafted hair bows is too many count; oh how I would love to be that talented! 

I consider myself "crafty". I am a dab hand at play date art or buying up half of an art shop in anticipation of a school project but I know by the end results that it is best I remain the retailer, not the maker. So who makes the beautiful Miss Gracie hair bows? "Mums", "Moms" and "Mamans" with artistic flair, an eye for detail and a great deal of patience. Some of them have hair bow making businesses while others are talented crafters and when asked if they would  consider making hair bows, they agreed to the task. Thanks to email, Twitter and Facebook, we can communicate across time zones, in three currencies and between nap times and school runs.

You don't have to be a mother to be a hair bow maker for Miss Gracie, it just seems to have worked out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment